SCHOLARSHIP VALUED UP TO $1,200
AAFAME was founded to promote the professionalism of building engineers & to provide ongoing education for our industry. To this end, the Board of Directors of AAFAME has determined that providing financial assistance to members & their children
to attend courses
that offer the skills needed for either entry level maintenance or to pursue a designation to enhance career progress. The following are examples of what we will consider for scholarship:
Criteria for Scholarship Assistance Eligibility
- Be a current member of AAFAME in good standing (or the child of an AAFAME member).
- Must have long-term career plans in the building maintenance field as indicated in required statement (details listed below).
- Current AAFAME involvement by members and intent for future involvement is helpful but not required of the members child.
- Must be applying for scholarship funds to be used towards a designation or certificate that provides advanced training for experienced engineers or provides skills to train future building engineers.
- Letter of recommendation from current employer to include why you are not eligible for company assistance, in most cases its not in the current year budget.
- For members child, a letter of recommendation from school instructor, coach, counselor or similar.
- Letter of recommendation from another AAFAME member
- Not required for members child.
- Statement from applicant which includes answers to the following questions:
- Brief description of current job responsibilities or type of job seeking if members child.
- Why do you want to attend the course that you are applying for (Designation, Certificate, Trade School, Etc)?
- What are your contributing achievements to AAFAME and/or what do you plan to contribute to this association or industry?
- Provide copy of receipts to be reimbursed up to $1,200 for tuition & book expenses only.
- Be advised that it can take up to 30 days to receive scholarship funds once approved.
Additional Details for Scholarship
- AAFAME will provide assistance when finances permit as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Must satisfactorily complete course for which assistance was provided or recipient may be required to repay cost of financial assistance. Determination will be made by a vote of the AAFAME executive board as needed.
- Number of times applicant has applied for scholarship and amount of total AAFAME scholarships received will be considered when approving applicants.