VENDOR EMAIL POLICY
1. Send email during working hours only (8am - 5pm). Many engineers carry blackberries or PDA's and sending emails after hours means they are disturbed when they are not working.
2. The email shall include informative details that relate to the building maintenance industry - do not send sales pitches!
3. Please do not include derogatory statements about other companies or vendors.
4. Must include an opt out feature for the recipient to ask you to remove their email from your list.
5. And most importantly - be sure to BCC the engineer's email addresses and do not include all the emails in the "TO" section of the email. This way their contact info is disguised.
6. Consider creating a "mail out" versus email to avoid spam issues - addresses can be provided by request.
If you have any questions please let us know - we have instituted this policy so that our vendor members are perceived as professional within the association.